Braves Development Program
Welcome to the Saanich Jr Braves Development Program
This year our executive team set out on a mission to help support and develop our local hockey talent in a new way. Our goal is to support and develop athletes ages 12-16 with the intention of graduating as many players as possible to junior and collegiate hockey ranks.
The program is designed to be holistic and inclusive, offering training year-round at an affordable price. The Braves Development Program includes on-ice and off-ice training, as well as wealth of resources and education for parents.
The Saanich Jr Braves are more than a hockey club, we pride ourselves on mentoring and developing the youth of our community. Our success isn’t measured by championships, but the quality of the young adults that graduate from our program.
Join the Braves Development Program today!
- On-ice training by Braves coaches, alumni, and special guest coaches made up of current and retired ECHL, AHL, and NHL players
- Dryland training and wellness coaching by athletic trainer Ken Windjack and special guests
- Monthly custom-tailored dryland training take-home program
- Annual education session with coaches, scouts, alumni, fitness & nutrition experts
- Support Q&A for parents of development athletes
Continuing education topics will include the following:
- Tiers of minor hockey – the value of playing at each level and understanding the importance
- Preparing for each new level
- NCAA/CIAU eligibility
- Private/Public Hockey Academies
- Mental Health
- The importance of playing other sports/having fun/preventing injury
On-Ice October 2016 – January 2017
- Wednesday Oct 12th – 9pm till 10:20 (Meet & Greet 8pm)
- Wednesday Oct 19th – 9pm till 10:20
- Wednesday Nov 9th – 9pm till 10:20pm
- Wednesday Nov 16th – 9pm till 10:20pm
- Wednesday Dec 14th – 9pm till 10:20pm
- Monday Jan 23rd – 3pm till 3:50pm
January 31st AGM 7pm – location TBA
Dryland Training – 1hr sessions
Students will leave with a 30-day training program to complete before their next session.
- February 8th 7 pm – Pearkes Fieldhouse – court 3
- March 1st 7 pm – Pearkes Fieldhouse – court 3
- April 5th 7 pm – Pearkes Fieldhouse – court 3
- May 9th 7 pm – TBA
- June 6th 7 pm – TBA
- July 10th 7 pm – TBA
- August 8th 7 pm – TBA
Program includes Braves Development jersey & Braves Development fitness tee
Cost per player is $135.00 annually (30 players max.)
***Please print off the registration form and mail back to the address at the bottom with your check payable to the Saanich Braves Junior Hockey Club. Refunds: No refunds will be payable to any player who drops out, or cancels for any reason except major injury after the start of camp.